Our planet is important. Unique. Alive. Precious. The way we care for it becomes the legacy we bequeath to our families, to our children and to future generations.
As an important player in Québec’s fashion industry, we wish to do our part to care for our wonderful planet. Each of our decisions and actions counts and may have a positive impact on our future.
This is why Aubainerie is committed to immediately putting in place initiatives that have a smaller environmental impact.
Whether these measures be small or large in scale and ambition, we wish to make a real difference by providing consumers high-quality, durable fashion items that meet the needs of families and, above all, that are more respectful of the planet.
IN 2020, WE TOOK ACTION FOR OUR PLANET.
Here are some of our accomplishments:
- Replaced a lot of our in-store display media with recycled and/or recyclable paper or cardboard.
- Encouraged our customers to reduce their use of plastic bags when shopping, by adding fees for each bag sold and by creating new reusable bags.
- Greatly increased our production of clothing made with cotton from organic farming in our collections for the entire family.
- In fact, in order to offer the highest quality, softness and comfort to your newborns, over 90% of our pyjamas for babies are now made of organic cotton. In addition, almost 50% of everyday wear for babies and 40% of children’s styles are also made of organic cotton!
- For men, over 40% of our basics are made of organic cotton, and this number goes up to 100% for our basics in the women’s department.
- All our jeans for women are now made with REPREVE®, Unifi Inc., which uses plastic bottles as a primary material.
- Finally, most winter coats and snowsuits that are coated with a water repellent treatment in order to make them waterproof are free form chemicals called perfluocarbons (PFCs), which are harmful to the environment.
Organic cotton is increasingly important in the design of our clothes. The cotton we use possesses the following characteristics:
It is manufactured according to organic farming standards;
The cotton plant is not genetically modified;
Cotton whose farming requires less water.
*From organic farming
WE ♥ : Its comfort and its ease of care.
We prefer materials with a smaller environmental impact, such as lyocell, a fibre that is:
Manufactured from cellulose;
Durable and breathes;
Known for being respectful of the environment.
WE ♥ : Its lightness, softness, and year-round versatility!
We use the REPREVE®, Unifi Inc. technology to manufacture jeans made from recycled materials, such as plastic water bottles.
WE ♥ : Its quality and its positive impact on waste reduction.
Recycled polyester is increasingly popular. It is a textile fibre made from existing plastic. Very versatile, it can be used to make jeans as well as swimsuits!
WE ♥ : Its durability and softness.
Perfluorocarbons, or PFCs, are chemical substances present in the water-repellent treatments applied to the outer layers of coats to make them waterproof: the water runs off the clothing instead of being absorbed by the fabric. More eco-friendly processes now make it possible to manufacture PFC-free coats whose water-resistance is just as good.
WE ♥ : Their non-harmful waterproofing properties.