Our planet is important. Unique. Alive. Precious. The way we care for it becomes the legacy we bequeath to our families, to our children and to future generations.
As an important player in Québec’s fashion industry, we wish to do our part to care for our wonderful planet. Each of our decisions and actions counts and may have a positive impact on our future.
This is why Aubainerie is committed to immediately putting in place initiatives that have a smaller environmental impact.
Whether these measures be small or large in scale and ambition, we wish to make a real difference by providing consumers high-quality, durable fashion items that meet the needs of families and, above all, that are more respectful of the planet.
IN 2020, WE ARE COMMITTED TO :
• Increase the number of clothes made from organic cotton for our collections for the whole family.
• And increase the number of styles made from recycled polyester.
• Encourage the use of recycled and/or recyclable paper and cardboard in our in-store store communications.
• Eliminate single-use plastic bags in our Aubainerie stores to encourage the use of reusable bags.
• Encourage our suppliers to packages our products in bags made from recycled plastic.
• Gradually reduce the overpackaging our products in the transport process from our suppliers and warehouses to our stores.
Organic cotton is increasingly important in the design of our clothes. The cotton we use possesses the following characteristics:
It is manufactured according to organic farming standards;
The cotton plant is not genetically modified;
Cotton whose farming requires less water.
*From organic farming
WE ♥ :Its comfort and its ease of care.
We prefer materials with a smaller environmental impact, such as lyocell, a fibre that is:
Manufactured from cellulose;
Durable and breathes;
Known for being respectful of the environment.
WE ♥ :Its lightness, softness, and year-round versatility!
In 2020, we are partnering with REPREVE®, Unifi Inc. to manufacture jeans made from recycled materials, such as plastic water bottles.
WE ♥ :Its quality and its positive impact on waste reduction.
Recycled polyester is increasingly popular. It is a textile fibre made from existing plastic. Very versatile, it can be used to make jeans as well as swimsuits!
WE ♥ :Its durability and softness.
Perfluorocarbons, or PFCs, are chemical substances present in the water-repellent treatments applied to the outer layers of coats to make them waterproof: the water runs off the clothing instead of being absorbed by the fabric. More eco-friendly processes now make it possible to manufacture PFC-free coats whose water-resistance is just as good.
WE ♥ :Their non-harmful waterproofing properties